Wednesday 13 March 2013

13th March 2012 – Cycling, Dairies, Agronomy and Potatoes


This morning I enjoyed a cycle around the Canterbury country side with Mikes wife Sally. It is so flat around here making a cycling a breeze.

Nice flat country and lots of cows in little paddocks
Mike arranged some visits for me including with his agronomist and a large neighboring family farming enterprise which manages a quite diverse business. This includes, arable farming, contracting, seven dairies and a carrot washing business which Mike & Sally have shares in. Michelle provided me with an interesting insight into the systems used in running their business.

Later in the afternoon I cut my teeth on Mikes potatoes harvester.

This is what we are digging for

This machine windrows 2 rows into the next two rows

Hard at work

About to get dug

Quite pretty place to work right by the sea
The trucks are full, time for a beer


No comments:

Post a Comment